Your privacy is important to me. This privacy notice explains my approach to any information I collect from you, and the purpose of which I process your personal information.
As a sole trader, I am responsible for your private information whilst I do business with you. My address is 14 Berkeley Close, Letchworth Garden City, Hertfordshire, United Kingdom. You can message me through the contact section of my Website.
I collect and store personal information from you or from third parties for a reasonable amount of time in order to:
- Help me deliver video services to you, or to establish whether I am able to assist;
- Enable a consistency of service, and consistency of production, as well as aftercare;
- Carry out requests of re-edits if agreed
To undertake the above, I may process the following personal information:
- If you are a prospective client or you become a client - I will keep your name, your job title, the company you work for, your address, your contact information and other information such as email and recorded telephone calls, in order to help me better help you; as well as for future training;
- If you appear in my videos – I may wish to publish your image as part of my portfolio, unless agreed otherwise beforehand, and unless filmed on private land, in which case, I will ask for your permission before publishing
I may share your personal data with third-party suppliers such as sound recordists, video editors, or live sound engineers, but only when it is necessary in providing specific services to you.
The legal basis for processing your personal information is:
- In the case of a prospective client or a client – it is necessary to use your personal data to enable me to best assess you in assessing whether or not you are a good fit as a lead, and also, crucially, to assist in the pre-production stage of filmmaking;
- It is my legitimate interest to use the personal information you give me to ensure I could execute my services to you;
- I may publish short clips commissioned by you for educational purposes under Fair Use in order to grow as a business. If you object to this, please do so in writing and before hiring me
I may transfer simple personal data and footage of you to third parties where necessary in order to deliver on a commission. Where it is necessary to make such transfers, I will seek confirmation from you to make sure you are on board. I have established safeguards in place to ensure an adequate level of protection for your personal information; such as third-party data encryption and password-protected hard drives
I will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary:
- In the case of a client – your personal data may be retained for at least six years following the conclusion of your film, and maybe destroyed at the earliest opportunity following the expiry of this period, except if the material is used for my portfolio;
- In the case of a prospective client – your personal data will be destroyed after the expiry of six years following your last contact with me
- Rushes are usually kept for a reasonable time to allow for an edit
- If a client requests I keep rushes, I have an archive but I cannot guarantee safekeeping
You have the right to ask me if I'm processing your personal information, and if necessary, I will provide you with details that personal information.
- All cookies used by this website are used in accordance with current UK and EU cookie law.
- Before the website places cookies on your computer, you will be presented with a pop-up requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies, you are enabling me to provide a better experience and service to you and others in the future. You may, if you wish, decline consent to the placing of cookies; if so, certain features of the website may not function fully or as intended.
- You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser.
- You can choose to delete cookies at any time; however, you may lose any information that enables you to access the website more quickly and efficiently including, but not limited to, personalisation settings.
- It is recommended that you ensure that your internet browser is up-to-date and that you consult the help and guidance provided by the developer of your internet browser if you are unsure about adjusting your privacy settings.
If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way I’ve handled your personal information, you can report it to the Information Commissioners' Office (ICO).
I may make changes to this privacy notice from time to time.
My Use of Google Analytics
I use Google Analytics to monitor how my website is being used so I can make continual improvements. My use of Google Analytics requires me to pass to Google your IP address (but no other information) - Google uses this information to prepare site usage reports for us, but Google may also share this information with other Google services. In particular, Google may use the data collected to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.